Monday, May 04, 2009

Maryland is Swine Flu-ed~!!!!!

This is a solemn announcement that as of today, 4 May 2009, Maryland has 4 confirmed cases of Swine Flu!!!!

I was checking CDC's Swine Flu page daily (updated at 11AM) for updates on Swine Flu infected states, and right now 36 out of 50 states in U.S.A. are infected.

I know my parents are really worried, and my siblings...and my friends....or anyone who cares about a not-that-physically-young but mentally-very-young boy pursueing his Ph.D. alone in the states.....

Well, the worries have to intensify only if deaths from the Swine Flu increase in days to come. Otherwise, I think our usual immune system should be able to handle it......

The virulence of this new strain is still unknown, and thus we better play safe and be cautious.

Sigh, Adam called yesterday to check on me and I was surprised that he seems so nonchalent on this issue. Sigh. Doesn't anyone around him in Florida (which is infected before Maryland!!) have any scientific knowledge?! Am I over-reacting or is he under-reacting? Think if we balance out....then it'll be appropriate.

A fun video to relax on the Swine Flu...and Karen describes in layman terms how the flu virus can transmit through birds (avian), pigs (swine), and humans (at 2:36):


The "mutated" she mentioned at 2:47 should be substituted with "reassorted".

All rightz, we just have to steer clear of fluey people, and keep ourselves well fed and well rested to stay healthy~ Our immune systems will only work optimally when we're well nourished.

*Pray*


May all be well and healthy... _/\_
illZ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home