Friday, May 08, 2009

Laming through the rocketing Swine Flu...


Excerpt from CDC.

Right now, ~1600 confirmed cases of the H1N1 Swine Flu strain has been reported in the U.S.A., and 43 out of 50 states are affected.

The number of cases rocketed inevitably over the past few days:

3 days ago --> ~400 cases
2 days ago --> ~600 cases
Yesterday --> ~900 cases
Today --> ~1600 cases

Crazy izn't it? A 4-fold increase in 4 days!!

This rocketing in number may be due to the stringent testing of anyone with flu-like symptoms....which is so logical and necessary.

However, the number of deaths only increased from one case to two cases - one was a toddler, and one was an immunocompromised adult.

Thus, I believe as long as the number of deaths do not rocket up, the virulence of this H1N1 strain should be manageable by any healthy individual.

Luckily, the number of cases in Maryland (where I am!) still remained at 4. Hope it will plateau at this figure....

I actually skipped sleeping yesterday the whole night completing this horrendous take-home exam.....so glad it's accomplished! I know my immune system must be weakened by this event....argh, I shall eat and rest well through this weekend to recuperate.......I didn't sleep and I had to struggle through classes from 9am to 230pm and then labwork til 4+pm - I'm living on caffeine for today.

All rights, I made an appointment with my physician in 15min time...bcuz I sprained my right foot after I tripped and fell in the middle of the night climbing up my housestairs (I might be drunk then...) *ouch*

My right foot hurts...and my big toe is kinda immobile - hope everything will be fine.....right now I'm a lame boy really physically laming through the perilous city of Baltimore - a true challenge to train self-reliance. *I have faith in myself!!*


Laming through the Swine Flu...
illZ...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Vic said...

Eh... It's Influenza A (H1N1)!

Singapore will be moving to alert yellow on Monday... You gotta take care! more vit C for u! :)

11:18 PM  
Blogger illZ wonG said...

Yes the proper name is Inflenza A Virus Strain H1N1....laymanly known as Swine Flu~

Alert yellow....means more serious??? Gosh...hope it won't spread so far to become pandemic...

Thankz!! You take good care too! ;)

12:23 AM  
Anonymous Vic said...

It went down from orange to yellow... :)

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home