Friday, January 02, 2009

emptY lefT wrizT...

if you'Ve seeN me in persoN foR the pAzt feW yeArz...and if you've noticed, i woRe thiZ inconspicuouZ thiN yelloW strinG on mY lefT wrizT........did you notice?

it'Z a chArmstring thAt my dAd tied on me to beztoW protectioN...a superstitioN thAt evolVed in theiR buddhisM-tAoizm religioN...and here'Z the psychologicAl explanAtion:

1. the chArmstring protectZ me!
2. if it breAkz...theN it hAz serVed it'z protectioN....and thAt meAnz it hAz juZ protecTed me froM some perilouZ evenT...
3. if i cAn fiNd the brokeN chArmstring, theN i shouLd burN it...
4. get my dAd to tie me a neW strinG? buT he'Z in singApore...

the chArmstring iz similAr to a janAi (a sAcred threAd)...in hinduizM.

i alwAyz weAr one siNce i wAz a toddleR...and i'Ve chAnged a coupLe througH the yeArz......i remembeR one broKe whiLe i wAz swimminG...and anotheR broKe whiLe i wAz @ my nTu hozteL........i'Ve worN the "currenT" one foR about 3 yeArz?

hahAaa...i suddenlY remembeRed adAm jokinglY wAnted to breAk it on mY wrizT oNce.....^O^

anywAyz, mY chArmstring broKe yezterdAy on 1 jAn 2009....it broKe whiLe i wAz tryinG to remoVe littLe cottoN stringZ wouNd on it froM mY sweAterz...

i guezZ it did protecT me? siNce i choZe not to ruN out onto the coLd and dAngerouz streetZ to vieW the fireworkZ froM fAr......

buT mY scieNtific logic sAyz it broKe bcuZ of unavoidAble weAr and teAr - tensioN and frictioN.

thuZ, i kepT it somewheRe sAfe...insteAd of burninG it.. ;)


thAnking my chArmstring~
illZ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home