Sunday, January 31, 2010

Dear Vincent Uncle.

My dear Vincent Uncle....


The generous, humorous, and laughy man in my life..

Always helping me and my family voluntarily whenever necessary...

Vincent Uncle brought me to meet Uncle Bob once he knew that I was heading to the States to pursue my Ph.D.....because Uncle Bob has been to Maryland before...and he wanted me to get to know the place abit better even before I arrived here...

He also gave me a gorgeous pen (Mont Blanc?) which I safekeep...that was an afternoon when he wanted to meet me for lunch right after my relief teaching stint...we lunched on the nice Ban Mian @ East Point.

My recent memory of Vincent Uncle...iz az above....which happened 1.5yrz ago...bcuz I have been in the States ever since.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reminiscing my limited childhood memories... (yea, I don't seem to remember much of my childhood)... my strongest onez include Vincent Uncle.

Vincent Uncle lovez to bring us (me, my siblings, and my cousinz) to Marina South for kite flying.....

We could gather soooooooo mAny kitez...and thoze tripz were amazingly fun~!!

I mizz kite flying bcuz of Vincent Uncle.



froM googLe imAge.


He took very good care of uz while we were out playing...

And my most vivid memory waz being slashed on my feet by theze kite stringz stranded on the grassland....it waz him who quickly tended to my wound. We didn't have a first aid kit....and he kinda sucked blood out from my wound and spit it out...for several times...

It waz like in a drama show, where a poisonouz snake bitez the character...and the savior suckz out the poison from the teeth marks of the snake.

I just felt well taken care of bcuz Vincent Uncle surely knows how to take care of the people around him...



froM googLe imAge.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Sadly, but logically not unexpectedly, I just realized that Vincent Uncle passed away 2 days ago - from colon cancer (most probably metastatic)......now - that motivates me to solve this cancer puzzle more....and I'm aptly in the field of cancer therapeutics research.

Cancer - why snatch away one of my few relativez I truly respect?!

...

Yea, I really want to touch base with him on my upcoming trip back home....but it's impossible now...I am still 10 thousand miles away physically from home at thiz moment...

I do include him in my daily prayers for him to recover somehow.....but now I solemnly wish him well in another way...in another life, in another world.

Vincent Uncle - you're dearly missed.


My deepest condolences,
Ah-Yuen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home