Sunday, November 28, 2010

Focusing on Positivity...

"I don't know why I keep focusing on the negativity of something/someone, and ignore the positivity."
- I said this during a solemn and thoughtful Ben-ny lesson before my flight back home.



Undeniably, the brain works in an unexplainable way, because words and concepts "haunt" me incessantly at unexpected times.

For the past 2 weeks, I have been 10000 miles across the globe from where I study/work...but I've been analyzing what has been said and trying to understand my mind better...digging lessons to learn and identifying concepts to modify/improve.

Re-evaluation of my mind in progress.

~~~~~

A recent incident with creAmy stunned me: we bought next-day tickets for Rapunzel, but we wanted to watch it on the day itself.



We approached the ticket office and the one guy who was there refused to prepone our show slot...he even told us to purchase new tickets if we wanted to watch it then.

I focused on his uncooperativeness and his inflexibility - there were clearly empty seats in the theatre, why wouldn't he change our movie slots?!

I choze to be passive, walked away with a frown, and refuzed to beg...

On the other hand, creAmy remained positive...and kept asking time and again...she had to walk away with me when I went off. But creAmy requested to return and ask yet again - just one more time.

She went ahead...and to my surprize, we did watch Rapunzel...through an unspoken and unreported arrangement~!!! ;P

~~~~~

creAmy waz actively thinking of new solutions for our itinerary when we needed them...and she pursued incessantly and actively with felxibility. She focused on her optimism and the positivity within the ticket office guy even when he kept shaking his head~!! Kudos to creAmy'z dedication to make things work the way she wants~!!!

Epiphany: This is a summary of graduate school - of what a Ph.D. journey is about.

Optimism
Flexibility
Dedication
Proactivity
Incessant Pursuing
Creating Novel Solutions
Focusing on Positivity throughout all the above~!!!

Now that I've revisited the recipe, I have to materialize it by strengthening each of these components of my Hopkinsy Ph.D. journey.

enN...thAnkz Ben and creAmy~!!!!!! ; )


Focusing on Positivity...
illZ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home