Saturday, December 06, 2008

God...?


(What if God Was) One Of Us - Joan Osbourne


This song resounded in my mind while I was viewing some American stand-up comedy with Adam....it was about the Pope. I can never understand American stand-up comedy due to puns and etc, and Adam simply says "you will never understand....because English is not your first language". Duh, English is my first language, just that American English is not my first language. I hope to know another American who will bother to even explain. I am sure I am able to understand with prudent explanations....given my level of English.

Back to the song, the lyrics to this song makes perfect sense to me - simply perfect. Just go through it~!!!

Sigh, conversations about Christianity almost always end negatively and uglily, because the other party (the Christian) will always get angry saying I am criticising their religion. Well, in a way I could be, but it is Christianly logical to state that it is ok to chill after committing any sin, because you can just confess and get a fresh start again, and again, and again....and you get endless forgiving chances. Logical? If it is true, why not just embrace and say "Yes, it is true" with an approving smile? Maybe the way I present the fact is too blunt and crude, which is the way some facts are....

Also, I think the American culture is too OPEN-MINDED for me to accept, especially on having physical relationships. It is illogical and immoral. I can never parallel my perspectives with that.

However, what is logical to me may not be logical to the others. Duh?

And....lastly, this is the most logical statement: 己所不欲,吾施于人。 Which means what you do not wish to have for yourself, you should choose not to give it to others. And no one can logically tell me that is illogical, not even God, if God exists.


Slobbily,
illZ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home